Sunday 9 February 2014

So what I do when I get bored

Well recently I've taken to thinking about Music, and the point at which music's soul crawled up it's own arsehole and died...

I think that was probably about the time Rick Astley cut a record and shortly before people started buying  his shit...

I got into a moment with a student the other day. She said that Justin Bieber was not her favourite, but that he was good, sort of ok, that he made some catchy tunes...

I have always felt that music without the musicians taking some form of high was a little on the lightside, then Bieber comes out as a drug taker and I jump on the deport him bandwagon...

I started to think, maybe I am being too hypocritical, maybe I should give the wee guy a chance, that he might not be that bad. Maybe just maybe the fact that my student was his age and I grew up with the Prodigy and Oasis that I was missing something... I got into this deep moment of thinking that maybe I have gone passed the age where I can appreciate 15 year old men children singing about love and that maybe it was time to accept I no longer got... then I realised something...

LED ZEP, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix... these people knew how to fuckin rock... I was right and my student us firmly wrong. The new music these days is everything that's wrong with the world... we tolerate mediocrity as if it is acceptable to be shit...

So I wrote this..

enjoy the-10-most-annoying-songs-ever

No comments:

Post a Comment